Saturday 19 April 2014

Finishing off the owl.

The owl is finished.
There was a pattern for a little head piece along with the other pieces of the owl pattern.
I cut it out from a scrap left over from the furnishing fabric I'd made his body with.  I tacked a piece of the feathery chiffon to it, frayed the edges, and then couched on some of the cut-off threads I'd kept during the process of making him.
Then I stitched the head piece on to the owl.


I trimmed his claws and painted them black.


Today I took him outside in the sunshine for the photo call.  His claws do look a bit big!


My husband likes the back better than the front.


I'm just glad to see the back of him!


2 comments:

crazydazy said...

he looks majestic......hope you are having a nice Easter

snoopysgranny said...

I like that word - Majestic! Thanks Ali.
Hope you have had a nice Easter too, and you are enjoying the good weather.