It's written by Liz Trenow and the story revolves around a patchwork quilt.
I've been getting on with this piece of felt. It's going to be part of the group project for my craft group exhibition in May.
This is how it looked at the start.
The theme is 'Under the Water.'
A week or so ago I was making a small set of wings.
Now I'm getting on with the owl again and I'm making a set of larger wings.
I had this piece of fabric in my stash.
It's like chiffon and it looks a bit feathery.
I cut out the wing pieces from tweed. Each pair I'm making has a different finish.
For this pair I tacked the chiffon to one side then
I machine embroidered lines down the wing,
then slashed between the rows of stitching and frayed the edges.
For this pair below I machine embroidered then used the embellisher.
I've added some feathers and I'm assembling the wings.
Not sure yet how I will attach them to the owl's body.
Now I've shortened the owl's legs.
Starting on the feet now ... using the wire that was holding together all my spare rolls of wire.
I don't know yet if these will work, or if the proportions are right.