I sent a text to the owl expert hoping for some advice!
I wrapped the threads round the grooves first and tried to make it a bit neater this time.
I cut a shape from a piece of silky fabric and glued it around the threads to cover.
The owl's beak is quite long and sharp.
I snipped a hole in the fabric and slipped the back of the rawl plug through and glued it in place.
Well, trying to get this beak to look right tried my patience, but at least I had a go!
That's what I think.
On to the claws.
Only now, just when I thought I was getting somewhere, I have to abandon Mr Owl once again to go and help sort out my mother!