Wednesday 15 January 2014

A cheeky robin.

You never know what you might see along the towpath.  Nothing much, you might think.
Back in June I was given a new camera - I still don't understand it and probably never will as my memory is so bad, so I'm working my way through these 'how to' cards that came free with Digital Camera magazine.
I had my camera set up for water droplets.


Well, do you see trying to find a water droplet when you want one......
even though it was damp along the towpath they were hard to find.


 I could see the moon.


Ah, here are some water droplets but it's hard to focus and get them sharp. 
Eyesight poor as well as memory.


The reflections and colours were nice along the river. 
My camera still set for water droplets for this shot.


Then this happened. I spotted a cheeky robin. I took three blurry photos of him then called my husband quick. He's the expert at photography!  I was worried it would fly away, but it sat on the branch posing for ages.
We (he) got some great shots and that's the Christmas card sorted for next December!


I love this photo below - he looks like he's wearing a little cap.


It was so tame.

Then on the way back I set up my camera for sunsets.



There was a mist rising up from the river.


Then the sun had gone.


So there's always something to see along the towpath and today we got really lucky -  seeing that wee robin made my day!

1 comment:

crazydazy said...

I know what you mean about getting used to new technology!! Nice photos and nice to see a photo of you too....the face behind snoopysgranny.