Wednesday 27 March 2013

Bluebells & violets.

I wanted to use my pressed bluebell along with the primroses I'd sewn but somehow it didn't look right.
It's not a great sample and the colour's not good. I think my pressed flowers might all look better put together so I'm thinking about how to do that.


Meanwhile I had a look through my old Stitch magazines and found this shadow-work project by Grace Lister from a 2009 issue.
 I had to do a shadow-work sample once and never again! It was snowdrops and I wish I hadn't given it away now - I could have used it here.

I thought if I transferred the design it might work along with the primroses and I could just outline it with back stitch.

When I make up the book I'm going to put my Bluebell wood page adjacent to the primrose page.
I taped the bluebell design on the window, placed the fabric over and transferred the design outline.


I used watercolour pencils, I might paint water over this later depending on how it looks after I've stitched it.


So now I've stitched it and coloured in the leaves and bells, I don't think I'll paint it as I like how it looks.


I'm still reluctant to draw but I'm going to have a go at some violets down in the right hand corner. Drawing is about confidence Frances P. says.  I'm going to start with the watercolour pencils.


3 comments:

crazydazy said...

love your bluebells too.....you have some great ideas, have a great Easter, Ali

Gina said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Always good to "meet" someone new. I'm loving the birds on your last post. Some beautiful work!

snoopysgranny said...

Ali, I have too many ideas running round my head at the moment!

Gina, Thankyou,I'm really enjoying stitching the birds.