Tuesday 5 February 2013

Blue tit (5).. and a little poem.

Reflection.

My skin is plain old cotton
And my belly's full of stuffing

My feathers are embroidery threads
With stitching, stitching, stitching...

I've glue and twisted wires
For my legs and claws and beak

I'm sensing that my time has come
To take a little peek

My maker stitched my beady eye
Then went and fetched a mirror

I puffed up like a proud blue tit
'Twas time for  - 'The Reveal'

She perched me on a mossy branch
My heart was all a flutter

"Now smile, say cheese,
Watch the birdie."

I peered out through my beady eye
And gazed at my reflection

For the handsome bird looking back at me

Well, you'd swear that he was real!

2 comments:

crazydazy said...

hi, this is an amazing piece of work, ali

snoopysgranny said...

Thank you, ali. I was pleased with him!