Monday 4 February 2013

Blue tit (4).

Almost there. Sorry, I'm slow and methodical!
I oversewed the body leaving a gap under his belly for the stuffing.
Made the legs at the weekend from garden wire and I've wrapped them with thread and added some PVA glue to stiffen them. I had to cut them in half as realised I'd have to insert them through the body for the bird to stand properly .


I cut tiny holes each side of the body to insert the legs then glued the extra wire to the inside.
        His little beak is made from wire too and wrapped with a narrow strip of fabric and PVA, it makes it easier to manipulate and gives a realistic shape. I've painted it black. 
I mixed some PVA with the stuffing for his head hoping it would hold the beak in place.

I
I stuffed him with soft toy filling until quite firm and oversewed his belly.

 

He's almost finished. Looking quite like a bird now but his white cheeks are too big. 
I've added a bit more stitching on the wings and they just have to be attached.



                        Oh, almost forgot those little beady eyes!


No comments: