Sunday 1 May 2011

Moroccan fountains.

I've finished beading the fountains today, not sure if it looks like water but I have tried to give the effect. I could go on and on with this quilt adding bits to it.
This is where I was starting to find a way of adding a fountain border to the quilt. In the end I traced the pattern from a piece of wallpaper, transferred it to the quilt and outlined the fountains with free machining.
The whole thing really 'did my head in'!!
The fountains were then painted with acrylics. I would have liked to add some more stitch detail to them but, as I said, you can go on and on!





I've beaded the centrepiece too. I imagined it was like the water bubbling up before it cascades over and into the fountain.
The china pieces - akin to the blue and white zellig tiles you see in Morocco - they were found in the fields around where I live.
That fascinates me - where did all that china come from originally? (I collected alot).




I'm putting this quilt into our exhibition - entries go in this Thursday.

No comments: